- Programmes Awarded by Iowa Wesleyan University
A. Undergraduate Programmes
First Year Student Admission
A first year applicant must meet the following criteria to be considered for full admission to IW:
- have a composite score of 19 or above on the ACT or a score of 890 or above on the SAT,
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
Applicants may be admitted on a conditional basis, subject to review of their performance after one semester at IW, if they meet the following two requirements:
- have a composite score of 17-18 on the ACT or a score of 750-880 on the SAT,
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
Home Schooled Students
Students who are homeschooled seeking admission to IW must submit appropriate documentation of high school or University- level coursework completed. This coursework must be equivalent of a high school diploma. Home schooled students must also submit official results of either the ACT or SAT I exams.
- Either Pass in:
3 subjects at A-Level and 1 subject at subsidiary Level at the Higher School Certificate Examination;
- Or Pass in:
2 subjects at A-Level and 2 subjects at subsidiary Level at the Higher School Certificate Examination;
- Or Pass in:
3 subjects at A-Level at the London General Certificate Examination
or an equivalent qualification to the above.
International Student Admission
- English Proficiency Score (TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, SAT, EINKEN)
Minimum proficiency scores are listed below:
Residents of the United States, its territories, dominions and possessions who are not native speakers of English are also required to demonstrate English proficiency through either the TOEFL Examination or the ELS Level 112.
|TOEFL (Internet Based)||61 (ibt)|
|TOEFL (Paper Based)||500 (pbt)|
|Completed Level 112 from any English Language Service Center|
|Completion of Iowa Wesleyan University ESL Program|
B. GRADUATE PROGRAMMES – (From Graduate Course Catalog 2017-18 – https://www.iw.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Grad-Catalog-Updated-as-of-262018.pdf
An individual who plans to pursue a graduate degree must have an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US institution (or international equivalent) with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.00 scale) or the equivalent thereof.
Applicants may be admitted to graduate programs on a conditional basis, upon recommendation by the division chair and approval by the Committee for Academic Standards and Review.
Conditional admission is subject to review after two 8-week terms at Iowa Wesleyan University during which a minimum GPA of 3.0 in each term is required to continue in the graduate program.
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field from a recognized university.
2. Programmes Awarded by City and Guilds of Londan Institute
|– Level 3 IVQ Technician Diploma in Construction|
– Level 3 IVQ Diploma in Engineering – Electrical and Electronic Engineering
-Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
|– SC or Equivalent|
– SC or Equivalent
– SC or any other Equivalent Qualification
|– Level 4 Diploma in Civil Engineering|
– Level 4 Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
– Level 4 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
|– Mathematics and Physics at A Level or Equivalent|
– Mathematics and Physics at A Level or Equivalent
– SC or Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
|– Level 5 Advanced Technician Diploma in Civil Engineering|
-Level 5 Advanced Technician Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
|– Level 4 Diploma in Civil Engineering or Equivalent|
-Level 4 Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent.