The philosophy of Department of Civil Engineering, J.S.S. Academy of Technical Education, Mauritius, is ‘Excellence, Service and Creativity’.
- To become an effective, efficient and dynamic department capable of producing graduates with highly employable vocational skills.
- To tap the potentials of the private sector in the area of education. To design and develop high quality of educational training programmes that are responsive to the nation’s cultural, political, social and economic needs and demands.
- To provide and maintain high quality and innovation educational programmes.
- To train and provide graduate with professional and manpower skills to be self employed.
- Promote viable linkages and transfer of technology in different field of competences.
- Gain active participation of the people in all departmental activities.
- Harness human and material resources for sustainable growth and development of the client community.
- Source out needed resources to complement regular budgetary allocation to improve existing program as well as physical facilities.
- Upgrade the faculty extensionists’ knowledge, skills and expertise through training seminars and workshops.
- Promote viable linkages and technology transfer in different field of competencies.
- Let the community feel the presence of Department of Civil Engineering, JSS ATE through the conduct of relevant and responsive extension and community involvement program and activities.
- Proposed policies that can help in the efficient conduct of extension program projects and activities.
- Design responsive and sustainable campus and community-based extension programs.
- Revitalize stakeholders as partners and collaborators in extension programs of the college.
- Document and publish extension program activities.
- A Batch of Civil Engineering students are graduated and placed in different organizations in Mauritius successfully
- Participation of students in University Level Sports Tournament and bringing Laurels to the department
- Consistent excellent performance of the students in the university examinations made the faculty to feel satisfied and happy
- Created jssmauritiuscivil.blogspot.com for communicating academic and latest development in the field of civil engineering
JOB PROSPECTIVE IN MAURITIUS AND ABROAD
- Mauritius is becoming hub for international investments in the business and tourism. The development of the infrastructure such as land transport, shipping, bridges and buildings for the next 10 years will be the objectives of this country
- Civil engineers will be recruited in huge numbers for the development of the infrastructure.
- There is demand for Civil engineers across African countries and European countries.
|1.||Mr.Sanjay Shekar||Lecturer||M.Techfirstname.lastname@example.org||+230-4016415/ Ext 2071|
|2.||Mr.Mohith Akshay H.S.||Lecturer||M.Techemail@example.com||+230-4016415/ Ext 2071|
|3.||Mr.Md Irfan MUNGROO||Teaching Asst.||BEng(Hons),(MBA)||firstname.lastname@example.org||+230-4016415/ Ext 2071|
|4.||Mr.Muhammad Fawaaz GOOLBAR||Teaching Asst.||B.Eemail@example.com||+230-4016415/ Ext 2071|