Application, Fees and Enrolment
What is the total fee cost?
|Category||Fee (per year)|
|Mauritian Students||USD 10,000|
|International Students||USD 12,000|
When and how do I pay tuition fees?
The full amount of tuition fees is payable at the beginning of each academic year of courses or semester wise at the beginning of each semester.
When does the program start?
As per IOWA calendar, the academic calendar starts in February and in October.
How long does the course take?
All graduation courses currently offered are of 4 years duration, with 2 semesters per year and masters offered are of 2 years duration.
What is the usual duration of each semester?
Teaching is for four months (16 weeks) from date of commencement of semester.
When is the application for admission deadline?
- Local students: On a first come first serve basis
- Overseas students: On a first come first serve basis
What documents need to be submitted at the time of application?
- The completed and signed application form.
- Photocopy of Identity Card for Mauritian students; Scan copy of first two pages of valid passport for foreign students.
- Passport-size photo (in soft copy for foreign applicants)
- Copy of Educational Certificate of Higher School Certificate examination or equivalent (in soft copy for foreign applicants)
- Copy of Date of Birth Certificate (in soft copy for foreign applicants)
What are the formalities for the issue of visas for foreign students?
- Once application for admission is reviewed and accepted, an admission letter is issued, which needs to and presented to Immigration at the Airport upon first entry in Mauritius.
- A Resident Permit application is sent by email that needs to filled, signed, scanned and sent back to us by email along with a handwritten undertaking.
- Foreign students need to ensure that their passport be valid for the entire duration of their studies prior to travelling.
- The students should produce Parents’/Guardian’s/ Sponsor’s Bank statement.
Can I switch over to IOWA Wesleyen University, USA during the period of study?
Yes, this is possible after the completion of first year.
Is English the medium of instruction?
English is the only medium of instruction and teaching
Will there be any workshops?
- Special guests are invited on a regular basis to deliver short specialized courses to relevant students.
- Special workshops to improve the soft skills of students are also organized.
Will I be able to have tutorial classes for better understanding?
Tutorial hours are offered for every subject in each semester and can be increased as per needs.
Do I need a computer?
A laptop is recommended, but is not necessary since the college does provide adequate facilities.
How do I appear for examinations?
- Students are only allowed to appear for examinations if they maintain at least 85% attendance throughout the semester
- Application for examinations is done 1 month before beginning of examinations and a hall ticket is issued.
- Examination fees payable.
Are there any assignments or tests to evaluate students’ understanding level?
- After completion of specific units or chapters, assignments are given to help the students get prepared for semester-end examinations
- A component of overall evaluation of any theory or practical subject is internal assessment, of which three are held for each theory subject and the best two results are averaged out.
Apart from books, any study materials given?
Depending upon specific subjects, additional materials may be provided.
Facilities on Campus
Are hostel facilities available?
Both boys and girls hostels are available within the campus.
Are boys and girls hostels separate?
Boy and Girls hostels are separate.
Are medical facilities made available on campus?
- As mandated, basic first aid facilities are provided on campus.
- If required, a major national hospital is located only 2km from campus.
Are there shopping malls nearby?
There are a few shopping malls nearby that provide all basic and other necessities 2km from campus.
What are the transport facilities available?
All students travelling to and from campus from home are provided free bus fare as allowed by National Transport Authority issued student cards.
Access of university syllabus and books in library
- Each student is allowed to borrow 6 textbooks for a period of 15 days. These can be renewed as required.
- Hard copies of syllabi are kept in the library; these are also, however, readily available on IOWA Wesleyan and City & Guilds web site
Are Internet facilities or Wi-fi facilities accessible on campus?
- Students can avail of internet facilities in the web browsing lab, after class hours.
- Wi-fi zones have been created where students can use internet facilities on their laptops 24/7.
Studying in Mauritius
Climate Pattern (Typical seasonal climate, Temperature)
Mauritius is a tropical island with conducive weather and climatic conditions (on campus, notably, temperature does not exceed 30 oC in summer – months of November to March – and does not fall below 15 oC in winter – months of May – September).
Entertainment facilities in Mauritius?
- Mauritius presents as a prime location for tourism with its idyllic sandy beaches and calm bluish-green lagoons, with a host of recreational activities offered at a number of beaches.
- Mauritius has a number of wonderful trekking trails with spectacular views, fauna and flora to be seen.
- A number of Film theatres project various Hollywood, but especially Bollywood movies.
- Shopping malls with Food Courts are popular in the Mauritian culture.
- Mauritius offers a number of sports-related activities for residents and foreign residents (football, badminton, basketball, volleyball, table-tennis, pool, swimming etc.).
Any educational loans available from commercial banks in Mauritius?
Mauritian students can avail of loan facilities from our Banker, Bank of Baroda, at very interesting preferential rates for JSSATE students, and other local banks, if so desired.
Which are the Airlines operating to Mauritius
- Air Mauritius regularly flies to and fro between Mauritius and India, Mauritius and Kenya, Mauritius and South Africa, Mauritius and UK.
- Emirates Airlines also has daily flights to Mauritius from Dubai
- Please consult your travel agent or airline web sites for detailed information.
What is the luggage weight and handbag carry weight allowed?
Luggage worth 30 kg, and 1 handbag of 10 kg in Economy class.
What is the currency and the prevailing exchange rates?
The local currency is the Mauritian Rupee, MUR and prevailing exchange rates vis-à-vis major currencies are as follows:
- USD 1 = MUR 35.00 (approx.)
- INR 1 = MUR 0.51 (approx.)
- ZAR 1 = MUR 2.40 (approx.)
- EUR 1 = MUR 40.00 (approx.)
- GBP 1 = MUR 45.00 (approx.)
Students are advised to bring their currency in either of USD or EUR. However, ATMs are widely available, where direct withdrawals in MUR can be done from any foreign bank account.
Credit cards can be used?
All major internationally recognized credit cards (Visa and Master Card) are accepted in most places in Mauritius.